As a cornerstone in Lake Ronkonkoma, Holbrook, Central Islip, Port Jefferson Station, Hauppauge, Bohemia, and Center Moriches communities, and as leaders during times of tragedy and uncertainty, let us assure you that your family’s health and safety is our number one priority. Many of you have reached out asking how Moloney Family Funeral Homes is ensuring that our community is safe at funerals. We are closely monitoring the evolving COVID-19 outbreak, and following CDC, state, and local health guidelines for funeral homes. Here’s what you need to know:
- We are diligent in our response to ensure the well-being of our staff, the families we serve, and the Long Island community. At this point, services are continuing – with modifications.
- The CDC has recommended we limit attendance in the funeral home to 50% max occupancy. We ask you to please be mindful of the situation, and we thank you for your patience as we work to safeguard the wellness of every guest.
- Our restrooms are fully stocked with antibacterial soap and air dryers.
- If your family needs to meet with our staff, we can do so by phone or email if you would feel more comfortable.
- At a funeral, it is natural to show you care by shaking hands, hugging, and gathering close together. We are reminding everyone to limit personal contact and give appropriate distance to others in attendance.
- We are diligently cleaning all high-touch surfaces, including all door handles, faucets, countertops, toilets, and water fountains.
- If you are feeling sick, stay home while keeping in mind there will be opportunities in the future to visit with loved ones and express condolences.
- We are trained, educated, and responsible when handling those who have died. Let us assure you that we are providing the same dignified and exceptional care we are known for – now and in the days ahead.
- Funeral or memorial services held at our Moloney Family Funeral Homes can be recorded and viewed later. This allows families to pay tribute to their loved one with the opportunity for others to watch remotely from the comfort of home.
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation during this unprecedented time. If you have questions, don’t hesitate to contact us. Together, we will support one another, showing yet again the strength and resolve of our wonderful community.